Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time to Create Again

If you have not yet seen the beautiful digital magazine Create, where the heck have you been?! Seriously, I just love this thing... it focuses on sketches for layouts, cards, and tags (and we all know sketches are my favorite). And since it's published by an actual scrapbook store, each issue they pair up with one of their manufacturers, whose design teams match up their products with one or more of the sketches featured in the issue.  My favorite part? They feature US, the readers!

Every issue has a Readers Gallery, featuring projects submitted using sketches from a previous issue. And this month, they've started a "seasonal" section featuring ANY project that fits the theme(s) for the month. This month, they have both a Halloween and an Autumn section.

Somehow, I managed to have four projects in this month's issue, and I'd like to share them in a little more detail here. Today I'll start with my one-page layout, featured on page 181 of the October issue.


I almost never use white as a page base anymore (CM overload from back in the day I think, lol) but it was absolutely perfect for this layout! I loved the sketch, with all of the strips on the background. I opted to use washi tape for all of my strips, except the skinny ones, making it super fast & easy to  make. I did layer the blue lacy tape on white CS first, just for extra contrast against the similar color background. Easy and AWESOME!

I also want to point out my page title, as this was my first time using an SVG file from Miss Kate's Cuttables. If you are an SVG user, you should totally check them out! It was super easy to layout, cut, and assemble, and I will absolutely be returning for more.

Finally, I want to note that most of the pattern papers I used are from Close To My Heart's Chalk It Up line. Yes, it is absolutely a "school" theme if you look at the sample artwork in the catalog, but that doesn't mean you can't use it for other stuff. The pastel colors are perfect for Spring & Summer projects, and the circle pattern paper I used absolutely reminds me of water.

Here's a list of everything I used:

Bazzill: cardstock
Close To My Heart: Chalk It Up paper pack, Scaredy Cat paper pack ("L" in POOL), ink, adhesive sequins, washi tape (gold dot, gray dot, orange chevron), Dream Pop paper pack (gold dot vellum, retired)
Love My Tapes: Washi tape (blue lace, black swirl)
Miss Kate's Cuttables: Pool Party Title cut file
Scrapbook Customs: South Dakota dimensional sticker

Be sure to check out this month's Create magazine for yourself, and maybe try your hand at one of the sketches for the January issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...