Friday, September 19, 2014

Trouble's Brewing - Scaredy Cat Kit of the Month Layout

In case you haven't checked out the Kit of the Month page yet this month, we're all about Scaredy Cat this month!  Get a jump start on this year's Halloween projects, or (like me) catch up on scrapping some pictures from previous years.


One of our neighbors has a birthday near Halloween, so she has a costume party every year. This was a 70's theme to celebrate her 40th.

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generation, but changed these up some based on the papers I had and what I wanted to focus on.  I had only small pieces of the large pattern left, so I used that for the end strips, and the smaller pattern for the large section even though the sketch called or them the other way around.  I also used Thistle cardstock for the remaining panel, rather than another pattern, because there is so much going on in the photos. Finally, I substituted Pear cardstock strips where the sketch called for a striped pattern, so I could pull in the green. (I wanted to focus on the picture of me and my hippie friend, lol.)


For my title, I used "Groovy" from the Groovy Times Cricut cartridge and the curlicue font from the new Artfully Sent Cricut collection. And of course, I inked the edges of everything.








I simply used cardstock stickers from the Scaredy Cat Complements to embellish the layout, and added strip journaling as suggested by the sketch.

To see all of the available items for this month's special offers, be sure to visit my Kit of the Month page. All of the links to go shopping are right there to make it easy for you. There are also plenty of pictures of artwork created by the awesome designers at CTMH to help inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...