Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sketch Me If You Can!

So, I know I have lots to share with you for the Kit of the Month this month, but I also have lots of other things I haven't shared yet that need to be! I'm starting with this one because there is a deadline to share and I'm late getting this up thanks to back-to-school drama.

I think you all know by now how much I L-O-V-E sketches. And I particularly love the sketch books and downloads from Scrapbook Generation. Their online magazine, Create, has been continuing to gain in popularity and I've been submitting (and awesomely, being published) about every other month lately. So here is the layout I had published in the August issue:


This layout was a great fit for some Lego party pics I had waiting to be scrapped. And the Echo Park Paper line I used was perfect too! SG just seems to always know what I need in a sketch and it works out great.


This sketch featured a nice large area for a title, and I chose to use a large patterned paper to feature a stamped title for my page (stamps are discontinued from CTMH). That awesome border is all made with stickers and chipboard pieces from the EPP All About a Boy line. I just added a few brads and some twine.


I love the pennant banner trend and hope it sticks around for good! A good way to use some paper scraps, and I added the B-O-Y pennant chipboard shapes along with a few gear stickers and twine.


The sketch called for a tag for journaling, so I used the center of a 3x4 "Project Life" style piece and trimmed off the corners. I just added the hole reinforcer sticker and some ribbon/twine. Easiest embellishment ever!

So, want to try your hand at some of their sketches? You can download them for free from their online store, and if you want to submit, the deadline is September 5. All submission instructions are on page 203 of the August issue of Create.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable layout. I used that same sketch, and as it happens, it's posted to my blog today at http://casandra-scrappinbliss.blogspot.com/ . If you have a minute, check it out. (My son is a lego maniac, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...