Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rosettes and Vintage Country

Sorry for the lack of posts lately all! I have a new "day" job, and combined with kids out of school I have been sorely lacking in crafty time.  BUT, I have been continuing to play with the Jubilee paper pack and have another 2-page layout today.


Our annual family reunion has been going on for well over 80 years now, and for the last dozen or more we have held it in a little country church. So I thought the designs of Jubilee would be perfect for our indoor picnic-type setting.


Since Jubilee has a ton of country charm, and id already a little vintage looking, I added some paper rosettes with badge and button centers to add to the vintage feel. They are simple to make by scoring strips of paper on a Scor Pal (or on your paper trimmer with a scoring blade or embossing stylus), then fan-folding the paper. Simply adhere the ends and flatten into a circle held in place with a Glue Dot or two.


For my title, I thought the Framework alphabet would make a nice addition. I stamped it in Colonial White pigment ink directly on my Topiary cardstock base, then stamped it again (I used Cranberry) on my pattern paper. I cut out the patterned version inside the stamped lines so that the ink I stamped on my base would show around it.


If you look in my top photo, you can see the picture on the bottom of the left page looks a little odd. That's because I had a couple of extra pictures I wanted to include, but without having all three of them showing on the main page. (They were just a funny aside to the main story, so I stuck them in a Flip Flap. I'll add a strip of journaling inside the flap to explain it.)

When I looked for a sketch to use, I knew I wanted to do this, so I looked for a sketch using 9 pictures instead of the 11 I had.  I ended up with another sketch from Scrapbook Generations, which always make it look like I have mad skills!

If you're interested in any of the products I used, here is a handy shopping list. Don't forget - I will send you a grab bag worth at least $15 for every $30 you order before the end of June! And corporate's discount bundles with any $50 order are a nice deal too so be sure to check them out.

Jubilee Paper Packet
Topiary Cardstock


Jubilee Assortment
Framework Alphabet
Colonial White Ink Pad
4x6 Flip Flaps
Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...