Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cute As a Button - Mojo #3

Today I have my final (probably) card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I think this is a really fun versatile sketch his week, and here's another example: a baby boy card.


I'm debating if I need to replace that green panel - I died the seam binding with Slate ink, and apparently it wasn't as dry as I thought before I assembled.  In person, I don't really mind it much... it just seems like a little more distressing.

So, here are the details: the buttons are cut with the Artiste Cricut cartridge and 2 of them are stamped with the Buttons, Bits, and Bobs stamp set.  I ink distressed them all with coordinating ink on Sponge Daubers. All of the other papers are sponged with Chocolate ink, and the sentiment (from the same stamp set) is also stamped in Chocolate on a banner cut at 1" from the Artiste Cricut cartridge.

The blue pattern paper is from the Balloon Ride paper pack, and the green pattern is from Ariana.  The patterned button was a scrap from the discontinued Avonlea paper pack.

Now that I look at this more, I think I may need to make a girl version of it too! I think it would look great with a floral print...

Supply List:

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute....a great idea to use "buttons" for the circular elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...