Saturday, March 31, 2012

You Are... Welcome to the April SOTM Blog Hop!

Welcome!  This month we are featuring "You Are...", a set of 15 stamps, great for cards, layouts, and more.  If you are just starting out, or have come from Dawn Ross's blog, you are in the right place!  When you're done here, you'll head over to Angel Sawyer's blog to continue on.

I love that this set is good for so many things, and can easily be adapted for girls or boys, and any number of subjects.  I'm trying to catch up on some scrapbooking, and around here we have a lot of soccer pictures.  It's hard to find soccer themed papers, especially in quality brands, so I love that I can create my own patterns with stamps.  Here's what I came up with for some pictures from a few years ago:


No need to have a thousand soccer balls everywhere; just a few accents thrown in and voila - perfect!  I used the diamond pattern stamp to make tone-on-tone Topiary pattern paper for my large circle; I used the stripes stamp to make a black on white striped pattern; and I used the stars stamp with Heavenly Blue, Cranberry, and Topiary inks for a sports star pattern fitting for any sport!


I stamped the "incredibly" and "fun" images and cut them out with my Micro Tip scissors and popped them up on some 3-D foam adhesive tape.  (Just ignore that little mis-stamped area where my diamonds don't quite match up!  Wouldn't you know, I got in a bit of a hurry at the very end and messed up my last one - typical.)

  I added stars cut with my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (the blue ones are also stamped with the diamond pattern in the same color), a few buttons tied with twine, and some stamped soccer balls for accents.  (The "soccer" and soccer ball images are from a discontinued stamp set.)

If you're ready to shop, you are welcome to head over to my website! Here are the supplies I used:

When you're ready to hop along, head on over to Angel Sawyer's blog and see what she has for us today!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the tiny soccer balls sprinkled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are perfect for this great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! I totally, totally love your layout and how you used the SOTM. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Catching up on my soccer photos with this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, your layout is wonderful! I love how you used the stamps to make background patterns! What a fantastic option when coordinating products aren't available! (BTW, Bella Blvd had a sports themed collection called Making the Team that might still be available and has all sorts of different sports, if you're interested.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome layout! I love the way you've created the background and created your own border paper with all those stars and buttons and soccer balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FANTASTIC layout Lori! Your color choices are so perfect and I love how you used this stamp set. THANKS for inspiring me with your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout! It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout is gorgeous and perfect! Love all the little details and the overall effect is amazing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! Your accents are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to recreate this beautiful layout! Need to do a soccer layout and just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to recreate this beautiful layout! Need to do a soccer layout and just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of the best layouts I've ever seen! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My oldest plays soccer and I have tons of photos from his 13 years playing! I pinned this layout so I can remember it in the future! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...