Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DIY Resist Paper - Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the March Stamp of the Month blog hop!  If you've arrived here from Adeline Brill's blog, or if you've just managed to stumble across me, you are in the right place.  When we're done here, you can hop along to Elizabeth Mindemann's blog for more great artwork using the March Stamp of the Month.

I have a special treat for you today!  Along with my SOTM artwork, I have a fun & easy tutorial for you on making your own resist paper.  You've probably seen the kraft resist papers from Tim Holtz, or resist papers from another company, but what if you want a different style?  Stamps to the rescue!    This easy technique, called emboss resist, has been around in the stamping world for as long as I have and that's a long time...  and when I say easy, I mean it's easy enough to do entire 12x12 sheets for scrapbooking as well.

Now, on to the artwork!  I chose to make a card this month, using my current favorite color combo for guys: green, blue, and orange (specifically Topiary, Pacifica, and Sunset). 

Not to fear if you don't like the random color on my paper - you can do this with a single color as well.  Want to use lighter colors?  Use White Daisy or Colonial White for your base instead of kraft.
You need just a few supplies to do this technique:
Here's a video showing how to do it:



Thanks for stopping by!  Now head on over to Elizabeth's blog and see what she has for us today.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card, couldn't hear the video for some reason, but will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! I am anxious to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YEAH!!!! That looks FANTASTIC!!!!! That's on my list to do too!!!! Yet another thing we can create one of a kind things of!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I forget about embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Lori, Great video. Thanks for sharing this technique. I had to laugh when I saw your work surface. It looks so real, like mine most of the time. I don't understand those videos where everything looks so perfectly neat. They just don't look real to me. lol
    Kim T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...